Evolution Racewerks S55 Chargepipe Upgrade
Polish Finish Shown
Ease of Installation: (1 Easy, 5 Hard) 2
- Increase throttle response and decreases turbo lag.
- Lightweight High Grade 6061 Aluminum Piping.
- Replaces the factory soft plastic charge pipe that is prone to breaking under high boost.
- Retains factory style o-ring turbocharger outlet flange. Precision CNC machined flange ensures leak free connection to the turbocharger. Quick and easy connection and disconnection to turbocharger.
- Plug and play installation.
- Charge Pipe features beaded ends and high quality smooth band hose clamps to prevent intercooler piping from coming off from boost.
- Silicone Hump Hose included.
- Optional Type III Hard Black Anodizing (for stealth and OEM look). Hard anodizing helps improve durability of intercooler piping. Resists bent or dented piping.
- Includes all hardware for complete installation.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Turn up the boost with a tune and find your $600.00 factory charge pipe break apart? You are not alone as this is a common situation with many enthusiast in this situation. The factory charge pipe is made out of plastic and was not designed to handle the higher boost levels. Well, fear not! The solution is here! Replace it with a higher flowing, stronger aluminum charge pipe! Made 100% of 6061 high grade aluminum, this will never happen again (backed by our Limited Lifetime Warranty)!
Often ignored, charged intake airflow characteristics greatly affect throttle response, turbo lag and ultimately maximum power potential. Smooth bends and minimal obstructions are ideal. We used 6061 aluminum (lightweight) mandrel bent piping to ensure smooth transitions. The factory charge pipe starts off at 1.75" at the factory turbocharger outlet. It starts out round but quickly flattens into a rectangular shape before turning round again. It does not increase to 2.25" until near the intercooler assembly (intercooler assembly has 2.25" inlets). These constant changes in shape and size with the factory charge pipe causes turbulence (restriction) and in turn, slows down intake air speeds. Slower intake air speeds means reduced throttle response and more turbocharger lag. Our new charge pipe starts off right away at a larger 2.25" and maintains a smooth round shape all the way to the intercooler assembly. The results are improved throttle response and faster boost spool up!
Polish Finish Shown
1/8" NPT Bungs (For Methanol or Nitrous Injectors):
With the popularity of methanol injection systems and nitrous systems, our charge pipe come with two 1/8" NPT threaded bung (for methanol or nos injectors) welded to our charge pipe. There is one bung per pipe. This allows quick and easy installation of methanol/nitrous injectors that are used in methanol injection systems and nitrous systems. Each 1/8" NPT bung will come with a plug so that you can run with or without the methanol injector. This is perfect for those who do not have the Methanol Injection yet but plan to do so in the future.
Also, the 1/8" NPT bung can be used as a boost source if you do not run methanol injection. Perfect place to connect your boost gauge or other devices to. The N55 engine does not have a pressurize hose or fitting from the factory that you can easily tap into. Now you do!
Optional - We can custom make our charge pipes with more methanol bungs if needed. Please specify when ordering if you want more bungs.
Note - For customers who have the Aquamist Methanol Injection Kit, Aquamist injectors use a 8mmx0.75 thread pitch instead of the 1/8" NPT standard that every other brand uses. If you have an Aquamist Methanol Kit, no worries! We have bungs made specifically for the Aquamist. Specify below if you need Aquamist bungs. Since this affects a very low amount of people, they will be custom made for you and not be regularly stocked. Also, we do not have plugs for these bungs. You will have to already have the Aquamist kit.
1/8" NPT Bungs (for methanol or nitrious injectors). Each bung comes with a plug (shown).